Help needed to get Applications Menu on FreeBSD 10.2 amd64

Hi,

I am running FreeBSD 10.2 amd64 and I just installed the gnome3 package.
I need to get the Applications Menu, without which I feel crippled. The
only way I know to get the Applications Menu is to use Gnome Tweak Tool
(GTT). But the Applications Menu extension of GTT seems to having
problems - it just says Error (upon loading the extension).

I tried googling if there was a solution. I found a URL
https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/6/applications-menu, which seemed
promising. I have tried downloading various zip archives for
gnome-shell-extension and building them from the command-line. But each
one fails with the following error :

./configure: 3089: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")

I do not know how to resolve the situation. Can anyone please help me
get the Applications Menu ?

Thank you &
Regards

Manish Jain