Re: Show icons on desktop

On Wed, 7 Dec 2016, at 18:13, William Di Luigi wrote:
Right now, the task of showing icons on the desktop is carried out by nautilus. This is apparently an issue
for Wayland, so maybe the task could just be delegated to gnome-shell instead.

I think that's a good idea. Having files on the desktop is confusing for newcomers, especially when they are
coming from mobile interfaces like Android. I'm not sure, but I think that was one of the reasons to remove
the Desktop folder by default.

My idea for a first working implementation would be to make it possible to drag launchers to the desktop and
be able to arrange them in folders. Similar to the "Show Applications" view (or maybe even the same code?),
launchers in Android or Launchpad in macOS.