Usability problem with gnome-shell search & nautilus in Fedora 24

Hi !

I have a problem with the search (window key search) in gnome-shell.

The problem, that I noticed since I upgrade to Fedora 24 three weeks ago (maybe it was here before...), is that whenever I search & "launch" something, my hard drive turn active for a long time.
I looked into the problem, and the culprit is nautilus/src/nautilus-shell-search-provider.c, which make a recursive search in my home folder.
I have a 1TB disk on my laptop, things like aosp and many other in my home folder, which is encrypted on a LUKS partition, so I really don't want that to happen.
Fortunately, this could fix it by disabling "File" in Search preference.

I don't know if many people have big home partition like me, especially encrypted. But in my opinion, for gnome-shell reactivity in search, it would be better to not rely by default on a non-indexed search like this.

I still think it would still be useful to be able to launch some files. I often have to open a pdf file on my desktop, quite deep in my file hierarchy, I haven't looked into how to have a shortcut for that yet, but having it in launcher would be nice.
I found out that there is a tracker component, that would be much better suited for that. There is a tracker-preference UI app, that let you choose which directory should be indexed.
Well, in my prefect desktop, I would probably deactivate nautilus-shell-search-provider, and create a tracker-shell-search-provider.

Anyway, it works well, it's not really a bug, but I just wanted to let you know about this. maybe other people will have the same problem as me.

Thanks !
Fred