Re: testing gnome extensions for 3.18

On Thu, 2015-09-17 at 02:53 +0000, Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:
I'd like some help.  I am putting together a set of instructions to
test extensions.  What I am looking for is to see if this set of steps
is re-producible:

Just tried to test my own extension, but the VM is not working properly.

Firstly, a bug about choosing a password. It refused to let me continue
with a weak password (I simply want to run a machine and test an
extension, I don't want to mess around with passwords at all).
        Then, it refused to let me use a strong password because the password
contained my username. My username is 's'...

But, the main problem, is that the window would only redraw when I
clicked the accessibility menu in the top-right corner, and interaction
in the install window would not redraw the screen. Then after install, I
had a login screen which didn't show any users and again nothing was
being redrawn, and I couldn't find a way to trigger the redraw this
time. So, I've been unable to actually access any desktop to test an
extension.

This is running the image in Boxes 3.14.2 on Ubuntu GNOME. I have
another VM working fine in Boxes.