GVFS Working, But Corresponding FUSE Mounts Are Not

Any tips for when accessing a GVFS mount via Nautilus works but does
not appear in /run/user/1000/gvfs, as if the FUSE mount doesn't happen?
Files can be opened by native GNOME apps like GEdit, but not by non
-GNOME apps such as Geany - they don't see a file so they open a 'new'
blank file [which then cannot be saved].

Only happens on one openSUSE tumbleweed install, other is OK. It worked
before a recent package update; we do most of our file editing via GVFS
WebDAV & SFTP so it is pretty frustrating.  GVFS & FUSE package
versions are the same on both hosts.

The folder created in gvfs looks like:
   "?????????? ? ? ? ?            ? sftp:host=yannigan
-orange.example.com,user=bcreswel"

I looked at the output of journalctl and do not see anything that
obvisously looks like GVFS crashed.

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam whitemice org> GPG D95ED383

Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam whitemice org> GPG D95ED383