Screensaver/Lockscreen DBus Ccontrol

Hello,

first off I hope I got into the right list for that subject. If not
please direct me to a more appropriate place to ask.

I'm trying to remote control a running Fedora 20 desktop with SSH. I
duplicate the environment of the active session which gives me ready
access to DBus and the X display. Logging out and shutting down works
great so far, but I'm having trouble with the "Lock Screen":

I'm trying to use the gnome.SessionManager Interface and
gnome.ScreenSaver interfaces to bring the box out of the LockScreen (the
user has no password, so it usually returns when you just move the
mouse) and prevent it from going there in the first place. As far as I
can tell, the

gnome.ScreenSaver.SetActive

works well, as far as the lockscreen is concerned. The problem is, that
when the LockScreen is activated, the monitor blanks out, but it doesn't
reactivate when the LockScreen is deactivated. So as far as I can tell
(without seeing it), the LockScreen disappears and the user is returned
to the desktop, but the monitor remains black when I issue

gnome.ScreenSaver.SetActive boolean:false

over dbus-send. Is that a bug or am I misunderstand the issue?

A second issue is that I seem not to be able to Inherit the Screensaver,
either. There is said to be an Inherit Method

https://people.gnome.org/~mccann/gnome-screensaver/docs/gnome-screensaver.html

but not in the current Fedora. Instead, I have an Inherit method on the
gnome.SessionManager interface. When I call it according to

https://people.gnome.org/~mccann/gnome-session/docs/gnome-session.html

with flags 12 (say), it actually returns me a uint32 cookie, but when I
check "GetInhibitors" afterwards, I only get an empty array. Also, I
don't see any effect.

If you have any hints on what other DBus Interfaces I should look into
to remote control the Gnome desktop, I'd be glad to hear about that,
too. Thanks!