hook codes for gnome shell

Hi all:

Now that you are commenting the problems about the extension review process, I think that maybe it is time to make this proposal: to create a "gnome shell api", or "hook codes" that allow to extensions to do common tasks. Examples are "add a widget to the upper bar", "Hide the Activities button", "Disable hot spots", "Enter/exit Activities mode"... I created an extension some time ago, and the way of doing these have changed several times since gnome shell 3.0. Having several functions that do these common things would allow to reduce the work for reviewing extensions, because new versions of gnome shell are less probable to break compatibility with old extensions.

What do you think?

--
Nos leemos
                         RASTER    (Linux user #228804)