Re: testing extensions with gnome-continuous

On Mon, May 26, 2014 at 5:57 PM, Matthias Clasen <matthias clasen gmail com> wrote:
On Sat, May 24, 2014 at 1:51 PM, Sriram Ramkrishna <sri ramkrishna me> wrote:
> How can we get automatic testing with gnome-continuous?  I'm looking
> for a methodology that would download an extension, install it, and
> then test for errors and then post a status.  This doesn't seem that
> hard at first glance, but I'm not sure how to integrate it with
> gnome-continuous?
>
> This seems like a nice project for a prospective OPW or GSOC student. :)

Fundamental problem here: continuous tests don't have network access.
And allowing it would open a large can of worms.

That means that networking doesn't work on these images[1]?

I tried it on Boxes (the runtime version), and I couldn't make network work, although the docs
says that you can upgrade [2]

[1] http://build.gnome.org/continuous/buildmaster/images/z/current/
[2] https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/GnomeContinuous

-alex