Re: Middle click paste in St.Entry

On mar, 2014-07-08 at 16:53 +0200, Florian Müllner wrote:
It seems that it's impossible to middle click paste in my extension; is
this a toolkit limitation, or have I done something wrong?

St follows GTK+'s Gtk/EnablePrimaryPaste XSetting - does it work if you run

  gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.xsettings overrides
'{"Gtk/EnablePrimaryPaste":<1>}'

?

OK, the complication here, is that a user has reported the bug, and I am
unable to connect my bluetooth mouse, so I have no way of middle
clicking on my own machine at the moment.

They have confirmed that they can middle-click paste into the search box
at the top of the overlay, but not into the notes of my extension.

If you'd like to take a look, the extension is:
https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/568/notes/

The text entry is created in view.js around line 170. The only code that
appears to modify this is below:

        this._entry = new St.Entry();
        // Tweak text entry properties to better suit notes.
        let clutterText = this._entry.get_clutter_text();
        clutterText.set_single_line_mode(false);
        clutterText.set_activatable(false);
        clutterText.set_line_wrap(true);
        clutterText.set_line_wrap_mode(imports.gi.Pango.WrapMode.WORD_CHAR);

Can someone reproduce the problem, and confirm it?