Re: Getting VLC dark themed in Gnome-Shell.

hi;

On 19 February 2014 01:45, Christian Dysthe <cdysthe gmail com> wrote:

I am relatively new to Gnome-Shell and really like how media
applications are dark themed, but I use VLC as media player so I
wondered if it is possible to get VLC get dark themed like Totem?

VLC is a Qt application; if it uses the GTK/Qt style bridge module,
then it will use the colors defined in the GTK 2.x theme, but:

 * the GTK/Qt style bridge is often really flaky, and may introduce crashes
 * GTK 2.x themes do not have dark variants

in short, I doubt VLC can be themed using a dark variant unless you
ask the VLC developers to include it in their application.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
W: http://www.emmanuelebassi.name