VPN locks up Gnome-Shell

Hi,

Every time I disconnect a VPN (OpenVPN) connection after a few seconds
Gnome-Shell locks up and I can't do anything but wait at least 30
seconds until it becomes responsive again. It's not a total hard lock
since I am able to switch to another tty while Gnome-Shell is locked up.
It's pretty annoying though since I use this VPN connection a lot. Any
idea where I could begin to look for clues as to why this is happening?

I'm running Ubuntu GNOME 13.10 x64 with Gnome 3.8.4

--
//Christian
Dropbox - Your stuff anywhere! - https://db.tt/U8MqkVR