Re: Setting to allow volume above 100%

On Sun, 2014-08-17 at 14:07 -0500, Christian Dysthe wrote:
Ubuntu's Unity now allow having the volume slider on the desktop go all the way up to above
100% without having to go into the sound settings. It would really like to see an option like
that in Gnome-Shell as well. Since 100% is only 2/3 up what is possibly to set I often have
to go into sound setting to get it loud enough my laptops and a couple of desktop systems as
well.

I can increase the volume above 100% in Sound Settings, but the drop
down slider is limited to 100%.  I believe this is due what
what-is-more-than-max can be a channel dependent issue - in Sound
Settings you are adjusting the volume of the selected channel.

I use this regularly to be able to hear podcasts over the sound of the
dish washer.