Re: Message Tray design is intrusive

Okay, that puts a different perspective on things. I'm using 3.8 on Ubuntu with Xserver 1.13.3. In the previous version, message tray opening was immediate whereas in the current one (I'm using the settings provided by the UGR edition) there's a little 2 second time-delay, so I assumed that was pressure sensitivity working and the settings for it might be low. Guess not. However, I have seen now in videos online how pressure sensitivity works and guess that will be an improvement. But I still think the design in early Shell was much better and more convenient. Hope that there will be a way to use a tray without disabling desktop and apps when Wayland is ready.