Window positioning on multi monitor

Hello All,
   I'm using gnome-shell on ubuntu 12.10 with two monitors, a laptop (primary display, on the right) and a monitor on the left, with focus follows mouse.

When I start applications, they appear on the monitor on the left, however when it comes to focus, they only focus when I move the mouse to the place where they would be if they were on the right.

If I focus the window using the keyboard, then select 'move' the position is correct.

Another funny thing about focus on the monitor, is that often the position the window recieves clicks seems to be vertically offset by about the height of the titlebar (there is no titlebar on the monitor).

I'd be willing to make a small pygtk programme showing window positions, and do some screenshots to help debug this, if it helps.

S++