Some question on the "System status area"

Hello,

Please forgive me if this topics were already answered elsewhere, in such a case, please point me to relevant references. Some question arise in me while reading the wiki, maybe they will be answered later in my reading, but if not, I just would like to share.

So, my first question is, in the system status area, the name of the user is an item. Why not use a "person icon"?

Also, clicking your name to shut down your computer and perform some other system related action is semanticaly rather strange. What about separating those operation in a "system" element, with a gears as an icon for example.

kind regards,
mathieu

--
Association Culture-Libre