Re: Customization gnome3

There are a couple of things I do to tweak fonts and other settings
(in this order):

1. Use gnome-tweak-tool.

2. Use dconf-editor to change fonts. For example, window title font is
under /org/gnome/desktop/wm/preferences/titlebar-font.

3. The Elegance-colors theme has an associated application
('elegance-colors') that allows you to change theme elements (colours,
opacity, fonts, etc). Note that it does its own styling of the font
you select, so only the base is relevant (eg. Ubuntu Italic might be
changed to plain Ubuntu for the shell, Ubuntu Bold for the panel).

I believe that in general, fonts for the shell and overview are set by
the theme authors, so your options are (a) edit the themes you've been
doing, or (b) find a theme like Elegance-colors that allows you to
change the settings. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Note that I'm using Gnome 3.6 on Ubuntu 12.10, and I suspect that #3
might not work on 3.4, you might want to check that.

Cheers,
Jason