Re: Dropping icons from Overview

I read again shell design page to be sure of using the correct naming convention.
This is what I could do in 3.6 (I'm not sure about 3.8):
1. From the Application Picker, I can drag an icon on the right side
2. the workspaces drawer opens
3. Dropping the icon on my preferred workspace the app opens in that workspace (some applications just opened on the default workspace, but I still remain in the overview and I can select another app)

Now in version 3.10, I can do the same choosing the app from the Dash, but from the Application Picker it does not work, I can drag the app but the workspace drawer is hidden. (I'm not using the mirror monitor)
Is it a bug? Or is it working as designed?

Thank you for the tip about the CTRL key: it works, but the DND was a more natural way for me.