Re: Dropping icons from Overview

On Tue, 2013-12-03 at 16:35 -0800, Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:
On Dec 3, 2013 12:55 AM, "Donato Marrazzo" <donato marrazzo gmail com>
wrote:
In the past, it was possible to select an app from the overview (all
app view) and drop in virtual desktop panel without losing the
overview mode.

I am on GNOME 3.10.x, and I just dragged an icon from the overview onto
a different workspace; it opened there.

Note that this feature requires that the application follow some rules.
Some applications, specifically Java applications, do not, and will
always open on the current workspace.

Also if an application is already open, like Nautilus is open on
workspace #3, and I am on workspace #1, and I drag the nautilus icon to
workspace #2 ... it will open on workspace #1.

I found that capability quite interesting when I want to launch more
than an app in a short sequence.

I am not sure what you mean here.   The way I do that now is to hold
the control key and then click on the icon.
Why the designer decided to throw away that feature?
No idea..

I do not believe this feature has been removed.