requesting a persian calendar in gnome shelll as built in calendar

Hi every one

I and many other persian language peoples in iran,afghanistan,tajikistan,and etc use persian calendar and it is their formal date in named countries.so it is very important for them to have a persian calendar in desktop and other applications such as accounting softwares(just like GnuCash),mailing managers and etc...

why some nice and perfect ideas about this issue (like this http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&ved=0CDIQFjAB&url="" rejected and yet there is not a solution for this issue?

but we see that KDE desktop is going to solve this issue...

I like Gnome,please help persian users ...

best regards