Gio.DBusProxy munging Signal callback arguments

Hi folks,

I've been attempting to update a gnome-shell extension which was using the now deprecated version of dbus (imports.dbus)

I've gotten most of it working, however a callback I'm attempting to use is receiving it's arguments strangely.

I've stripped down the code to reproduce the error at
https://github.com/Psykar/gnome-shell-extensions-pidgin/blob/testing/pidgin-conversation-integration%40kagesenshi.org/extension.js

The _messageDisplayed method should be receiving 6 arguments (as shown in code)
I have verified this with a short python script, which gets the arguments correctly, so it's not an issue with pidgin's dbus interface.

The output I get instead however is below.

      JS LOG: GNOME Shell started at Tue Apr 30 2013 23:07:55 GMT+1000 (EST)
      JS LOG: Received!
      JS LOG: [object Arguments]
      JS LOG: =======================
      JS LOG: [object instance proxy GIName:Gio.DBusProxy jsobj 0x7f0a0059e730 native 0x433c9e0]
      JS LOG: --------------------------------
      JS LOG: :1.51
      JS LOG: --------------------------------
      JS LOG: 5890,psyker7 hotmail com,<FONT FACE="Segoe UI"><FONT COLOR="#000000">Message Received Here</FONT></FONT>,14783,2
      JS LOG: --------------------------------
      JS LOG: [object instance proxy GIName:Gio.DBusProxy jsobj 0x7f0a0059e730 native 0x433c9e0]
      JS LOG: :1.51
      JS LOG: 5890,psyker7 hotmail com,<FONT FACE="Segoe UI"><FONT COLOR="#000000">Message Received Here</FONT></FONT>,14783,2
      JS LOG:
      JS LOG:
      JS LOG:

Note that the 3rd argument contains arguments 3,4,5&6 comma separated, instead of being expanded to their respective arguments, and I can't find for the life of me why this is happening!

If anyone wants to reproduce this for themselves, the testing branch linked above should be installable as an extension, and the signal in question is simply receiving an IM on pidgin.
Any help (or pointers on where I should be asking) would be greatly appreciated =D

Louis.