Re: slugish/chopy animation

@Milan: sorry for sending it off list

Am 2013-04-29 11:46, schrieb Milan Oravec:
Hallo, I've one question. After upgrade from 3.6 to 3.8 all animation
(especially entering overview) are really chopy on all my systems
(i945,GM45,nvidia QUADRO3700FX). OS is ubuntu 13.04 with gnome3 PPA and
staging PPA, but it behaves the same way.

Is anybody experiencing same behaviour, or need I change something?

Yes, may be. One of my team members of the yaVDR-Team (http://www.yavdr.org) has tried gnome-shell 3.8 on Archlinux I think. Our distributions shows normally TV in a fullscreen window. Changing to overview mode lets the TV output stall very often. The TV frontend
can't recover from this.

This didn't happen with gnome-shell 3.4 on Ubuntu, but we had constantly 40% CPU usage, even in fullscreen mode of the TV frontend. The CPU usage is much better now in 3.8, but it is not usable with this problem.

Current plans are to go to gnome-classic, too sad that it is not supported anymore.

Gerald