Gnome Shell 3.8 barriers and logging in openSuse 12.3.

The following may be of interest to anyone updating an extension to
GS3.8.

I installed openSuse 12.3 and updated it to GS3.8.
http://dominique.leuenberger.net/blog/2013/04/gnome-3-8-for-opensuse-12-3-go-get-it/

I was interested in the new barrier pressure system.  I noticed that the
Hot Corner was subject to toggling the Overview with a wayward mouse
movement.  It appeared the barrier support was not implemented.

I evaluated global.display.supports_extended_barriers()
in lg and found it returned false. I added some log messages
in layout.js to get a better understanding of what was happening.  When
I reloaded the shell I could not find the logging in the usual place. I
found the logging was
going to the file NetworkManager in /var/log.

Apparently the X server stuff to support barriers is not in the code
that updates openSuse 12.3 to GS3.8.

Hopefully the info about the logging is useful.

Norman