Delete gsettings entry for an extension?

Hi,

I am having issues with the system-monitor extension, I cannot change the background color. I investigated and noticed that no color key/values exist in org.gnome.shell.extensions.system-monitor (they are in the extension's schema *.xml file). I tried to add one but that doesn't work as it has no schema apparently. So I uninstalled the extension and tried t reinstall it, but it kept the old settings. I uninstalled and noticed that the settings never get removed, sounds like something that happened in the Windows registry......so, how can I remove them so that when I re-install it will re-add them and hopefully add all the keys this time?

Thank,
Gabriel