g-s 3.4.1: desktop hangs when telepathy connects/disconnects

I've always assumed this was a common and therefore known problem but
conversation with other users made me think it is not.

My Gnome desktop hangs when telepathy connects/disconnects. The hangs
last for 1 or 2 seconds, sometimes more and are rather annoying.

I'm assuming some kind of [D-Bus]? call is blocking gnome-shell and as
such something (compositing?) is affected, making everything seem
stuck (minus cursor). I believe, but I'm not certain, that keyboard
input still works on this hang periods, as well as mouse clicks. Heavy
harddisk activity can occur but most times does not.

Any ideas what is going on? ( gnome-shell-3.4.1-5.fc17.i686 , Mesa DRI
Intel(R) 965GM, using UXA but also happens with SNA)

Thanks in Advance,
--
Pedro