Irlen Syndrome / colour tinting extension

Hi,

How easy do people think it would be to write a colour tinting
extension for the benefit of those with Irlen Syndrome [1]?  I'm
wanting to write something that allows me to specify R, G and B
scaling via a simple GUI and set a key bindings for tint on / tint
off.  The idea is that all pixel colour values sent to the display
device(s) should be scaled.

Should I be looking at doing something with Clutter's colorize effect? [2]

Cheers,

Will

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotopic_sensitivity_syndrome
[2] http://developer.gnome.org/clutter/1.9/ClutterColorizeEffect.html