GDM doesn't show all sessions in the list of sessions

Hi all,

I have a compiled version of KDE 4 that I want to add to GDM's
sessions list. I currently use Gnome Shell 3.4.1, installed by default
in Fedora 17. I just copied KDE's .desktop file (which I pasted in
http://pastebin.com/Wbzc6Byp) to /usr/share/xsessions/kde.desktop. In
fact I changed the desktop file that ships with KDE a little bit to
call a script I wrote to set some variables before starting the
workspace.

Unfortunately, GDM still doesn't show the sessions list, as it only
recognizes Gnome's session. Having a look at GDM's source code, I
found out that it lists the sessions using libgdmgreeter's
get_session_ids() function. But calling that function from the Looking
Glass gives me a list containing both "kde" and "gnome". Calling
GdmGreeter.get_session_name_and_description("kde") also gives me the
correct description (that one in the desktop file, "KDE Plasma
Workspace (compiled)"). That also works inside a normal gjs shell. On
the other hand, when GDM calls that function, it apparently only
returns "gnome".

Am I doing something wrong? Or should doing an upgrade to 3.6 fix this?

Thanks in advance,

Gabriel Poesia