Re: Differences for extension developers 3.4-3.6

On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 9:24 AM, Giovanni Campagna
<scampa giovanni gmail com> wrote:
> 2012/10/19 Davide Alberelli <dadexix86 gmail com>:
>> Hi anyone!
>> Where can I found something like an exhaustive list of differences
>> between 3.4 and 3.6 to update my extension?
>>
>> Just to give an example, my extension uses Main.panel._statusArea.
>> What this has become?
>
> It is now Main.panel.statusArea, and Main.panel.addToStatusArea accept
> an optional third argument to indicate where to pack the indicator
> ('left', 'center' or 'right').
>
>> What other things have changed?
>
> As far as API is concerned:
> - OpenSearch and PlacesDisplay were removed
> - the ViewSelector tab system was replaced with a simpler page API
> - the screensaver is in process and accessed as Main.screenShield
> - the session mode now changes at runtime (and this affect enablement
> of extensions)
> - some modules were moved into js/ui/components/
> - St.IconType was removed, so you need to add '-symbolic' to icon names
> - notifications, status items and search providers deal with GIcons,
> not icon names

notifications and status items using GIcons didn't happen for 3.6 /
3.6.1. That was landed after to help ward off last-minute regressions.

search providers didn't happen at all, even in master. Maybe I had a
WIP patch? I don't remember