Re: Getting the result of a DBus method call.

Use "Sync" instead of "Remote". Note that if the DBus call takes a
long time, this will freeze the Shell, so consider using Remote by
restructuring your code:

    dbusProxy.<methodname>Remote(/* arguments ... */, function (result) {
        // Continue your code here, rather than below the DBus call.
    });

For your information, this style of code is called "continuation
passing", and it can get unwieldy very quickly as your callbacks pile
up. In future versions of ECMAScript, they'll allow things called
Promises, so you can do:

    let promise = dbusProxy.<methodname>Remote(/* arguments ... */);
    promise.addCallback(function(result) {
        // Continue your code here, rather than than below the DBus call.
    });

Although this may not seem like such a big change, given that promises
are like any other object, you can return a promise instead of having
to take callbacks as arguments to be passed all the way down the
chain.

Also, trampolines:

    yield let result = dbusProxy.<methodname>Remote(/* arguments ... */);