Re: Complaints about sound

2012/11/25 Javier Domingo <javierdo1 gmail com>:
> Hello, I just want to say that it is very difficult to configure the
> sound for 2 cards when there are so many equal names in the
> preferences panel -> sound config-> Hardware -> profile .
>
> Is there any way to reduce/distinguish them?

If you upgrade to GNOME 3.6 and PulseAudio 2.0, you''ll see that the
sound panel has been improved, and the choice is now in terms of
logical input/output devices, rather than how they map to the
low-level ALSA configuration.
Anyway this is not a matter for gnome-shell-list, more for gnomecc-list.

Giovanni