Are there any JS gdk pixmap bindings?

I'd like to load a pixmap for painting into a cairo canvas (the latest attempt in my seemingly eternal struggle to do a custom button), and was hoping to access gdk_pixbuf_new_from_file() but this doesn't seem to exist (as Gdk.pixbuf_new_from_file).

Python appears to have Gtk.Gdk.pixbuf_new_from_file (which I tried as well), and I thought that python and gjs used the same introspection bindings.

  Am I missing something?

--
[phoenix@fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[phoenix@fnx ~]# ls -l .signature