The watched pot did not boil. gnome-shell-extension preferences via website problem

Giovanni:

I hope this is proper use of this list.

I received your email accepting version 2 of my Activities Button Text
extension.  I downloaded the extension from the website with no problem.
When I attempted to use the gnome shell extension prefs tool via the
website it failed to load the widgets properly (ie. the tool is started
with the extension selected but none of the widgets from prefs.js are
displayed).  I have deactivated the extension until I can sort this out.
I can run /bin/gnome-shell-extension-prefs locally and it works fine.
Your comment "You metaphorically put the pot on the other stove with
your approach in prefs.js, but it's ok :)" may be wrong :(.  I can
change preferences on other extension through my browser.  Now I need
some advice on what to do next. Either there is a problem with the
website or a problem with my prefs.js.  Since it works if I execute the
prefs tool locally I want to think the website method has a bug.

Norman