Re: Is it possible to develop for Gnome Shell using Coffeescript?

On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 1:30 AM, Jason Siefken <siefkenj+gnome gmail com> wrote:
> I have hacked a version of coffeescript together for use with gnome shell.
>
> https://github.com/siefkenj/gjscoffee-script
>
> I've added the const keyword, an import keyword, and gclass to set up
> classes using Lang.Class instead of coffeescripts class constructions.
>  Hope it's useful to someone!

I don't see why this would be useful. If you're creating a gnome-shell
extension, your extension will probably take twice as much review
time, as now I have to wade myself through what CoffeeScript
generates.

LocalBind doesn't make much sense to me. gjs is already ES5. Lang.bind
is pretty much legacy at this point.