Re: Opera 12 Next (Beta) crashes constantly running on Gnome Shell

On Tue, 01 May 2012 12:32:45 -0500, Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com> wrote:

On Tue, 2012-05-01 at 09:23 -0500, Christian wrote:
Hi,

I'm running Opera 12 Next (Beta) on Gnome Shell 3.2, but Opera is
constantly crashing when I browse and when I open the browser. On other
desktops I do not have that problem (Fluxbox, XFce and KDE). Is this an
Opera or Gnome Shell problem? I have reported it as an Opera bug, but I
wonder why Gnome Shell causes this to happen.

If Opera crashes, it's an Opera bug. We might be something unusual or
even wrong in a way that triggers the crash, but without having access
to the Opera source code it would be impossible to guess at what.

The reason I was asking here was that it doesn't crash in any other desktop environment I run, only Gnome Shell. I'm running Opera 12 in XFce, Fluxbox and KDE without any crashes. So although it may be an Opera bug it has to do with Gnome Shell somehow. I have reported it as an Opera bug. Let's hope they get on it soon. In the mean time I'm glad I'm a Linux user with several DE options although Gnome Shell is my current favorite.

--
//Christian