Re: gnome 3 shortcuts

Hi,

On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 10:55 PM, Dimitrios Apostolou <jimis gmx net> wrote:
> * Arrange desktops horizontally so that I can use Ctrl-Alt-Left/Right
> buttons instead of Up/Down to switch?

I do not think it is possible to arrange them horizontally and it
would not work well with the overview but it used to be possible to
change the shortcut for "move workspace up/down" to whatever you are
used to. It did feel weird to see the animation moving vertically when
you use horizontal arrows. After a while, using default shortcuts, my
muscle memory adapted. Now I do not see this shortcut anymore in the
configuration dialog though.

> * Disable automatic deletion of empty desktops? For example when I close a
> window and it's the only one on a desktop, then this desktop disappears
> before I have time to open a new window. Can this behaviour be disabled?

I have a love/hate relationship with this one. I do love the idea but
I find myself sometimes annoyed by this. It would make sense to delay
the workspace deletion until the user leaves the workspace.
On the other hand, you can drag a window (or a shortcut) to the space
betwee two workspaces to create your new workspace where you want.

> * Last one, can I access the dash with keyboard shortcuts?

with the default setup: go to overview mode with the super key or
alt-F1, then use ctrl-alt-tab to select the dash.
I would love being able to use super-d (for example) to do this directly.

Best.

--
Aurélien Naldi