Google Summer of Code ideas

Hi all,

Google Summer of Code 2012 [1] is approaching and the list of ideas
[2] for student projects within GNOME is being constructed. It would
be great to have a strong GNOME Shell presence there with projects
that will have a really positive impact.

One idea that was recently discussed was that we reuse unfixed bugs
from the Every Detail Matters [3] initiative for GSoC. Depending on
their difficulty, 3 or 4 bugs on a related theme could make a really
good GSoC project. We really need fixes for a lot of these bugs and
they are satisfying accomplishments for new contributors.

Do get in touch if you fancy mentoring this kind of project.

Allan

[1] https://live.gnome.org/SummerOfCode2012
[2] https://live.gnome.org/SummerOfCode2012/Ideas
[3] https://live.gnome.org/EveryDetailMatters