Re: On the video recorder's keys conflict with keyboard language switcher (alt+shift).

That's good enough. :)

2012/3/1 António Fernandes <antoniojpfernandes gmail com>
2012/3/1 Reda Lazri <the red shortcut gmail com>
Hello,

Like many people, I've set ALT+Shift to be my shortcut keys for switching keyboard layouts. Since this is the first thing I do, I couldn't enable the video recorder feature in GNOME Shell(since 3.0) and thought it was broken or something.

Last week I discovered, by mistake, that I couldn't use the recorder (CTRL+ALT+Shift+R) because of the shortcut keys(ALT+Shift) being used and took care of this.

What I'm asking here, obviously, isn't changing the default settings because of my shortcut selection. I'm asking to either make the conflict more obvious(like Compiz's CCSM used to do) or give the user a way to change the recorder's shortcuts.

Also, having a way to control the shell recorder with an App icon, GUI, Indicator, popup-menu...(i.e. make the feature more obvious) is a good idea. :P

There is a design page for such an app, with high fidelity mockups, and it looks great. Take a look: https://live.gnome.org/GnomeOS/Design/Whiteboards/ScreenRecording

Thank you.