Re: Customizing Gnome shell extensions during the installation

Hi Jasper,

Thanks for your reply.

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 7:25 PM, Jasper St. Pierre <jstpierre mecheye net> wrote:
On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 3:09 AM, Danishka Navin <danishka gmail com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to enable selected gnome-shell-extensions and customize them for a
> Fedora 17 based remix.
>
> I want to do following actions when my fedora remix is install.
>
> 01. To Enable all these extensions without touching Gnome-Tweak Tool or any
> other GUI tool.
> simply, user should not click here and there to set his/her Gnome Desktop.
>
> gnome-shell-extension-alternate-tab
> gnome-shell-extension-apps-menu
> gnome-shell-extension-places-menu
> gnome-shell-extension-workspacesmenu
> gnome-shell-extension-user-theme
> gnome-shell-extension-theme-selector
> gnome-shell-extension-icon-manager
> gnome-shell-extension-native-window-placement
> gnome-shell-extension-pidgin
> gnome-shell-extension-pomodoro
> gnome-shell-extension-righthotcorner
> gnome-shell-extension-drive-menu
> gnome-shell-extension-mediaplayers

This is controlled by a gsettings key: org.gnome.shell.enabled-extensions.

gsettings set org.gnome.shell.enabled-extensions  alternate-tab

Is this correct?

> 02. how to set all (minimize, maximize and close) buttons to appear in each
> window.

This is controlled by a gsettings key as well:
org.gnome.shell.overrides.button-layout.

gsettings org.gnome.shell.overrides.button-layout 'menu:minimize,maximize,close'

is this correct?

> 03. how to get Amarok in to gnome-shell-extension-mediaplayers

Talk to the creator of the extension.

Thanks again