Re: What is the difference between signal "changed" and "changed::...."

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 12:15 AM, Mz <mengzhuo1203 gmail com> wrote:
> Hi,guys
>
> In the source code of Gnome-shell ui/runDialog.js  where I found two kinds
> of signal connection:
>
> global.settings.connect('changed::development-tools',......)
> this._monitor.connect('changed',.....);
>
> what is the difference between them, is the first one don't need to
> disconnect?

global.settings is a GSettings instance. Its changed signal is a
detailed signal, meaning that 'changed::development-tools' will be
fired when the key 'development-tools' in the GSettings changes,
either by using dconf-editor or the gsettings command line or anything
else that can use GSettings (like gnome-control-center).

The second is a file monitor. Its changed signal will be emitted when
the file itself changes (created, moved, deleted, written to, updated,
touched, etc.)