Re: getting default applications

Le mardi 26 juin 2012 à 14:10 +1000, Amy C a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> How may I determine the default chat and email applications (from an extension)?
>
> I noticed I have a file
> `.local/share/applications/preferred-mail-reader.desktop` which I can
> use to get the default email application - can I rely on this always
> being there?
>
> However there is no analog `preferred-chat-client.desktop`, so how can
> I grab the default chat client (is there even such a thing)?
Default applications are stored as MIME associations in
~/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list.

But if you need to start the default application for a file or a
protocol/URL, use GIO:
http://developer.gnome.org/gio/stable/GAppInfo.html#g-app-info-get-default-for-type
http://developer.gnome.org/gio/stable/GAppInfo.html#g-app-info-get-default-for-uri-scheme

(use "mailto" for the mail agent)