Re: gnome-shell Build proccess

Hey,

I'm also facing troubles each time I try to build GNOME Shell and I would be very happy if this would work seamlessly one day. I also work with Fedora 16 and one think I always do is to run the following command:

sed -ri 's/gpk-install-package-name/sudo yum install liboauth-devel rarian-devel rarian-compat gobject-introspection-devel/' gnome-shell-build-setup.sh

I would suggest that the gnome-shell-build-setup.sh uses yum instead of gnome-packagekit because the window with the needed packages that pops up is too large even for 24" screens. This is maybe also a bug of gnome-packagekit as you cannot hit the "install-button" anymore. The rest adds packages which are missing in the script for Fedora.

Still, at the moment I got stuck with building gjs. I get the following error:

configure: error: Package requirements (gmodule-2.0 gthread-2.0 gobject-introspection-1.0 >= 0.10.1 glib-2.0 >= 2.31.0 gobject-2.0 >= 2.18.0 mozjs185) were not met:

No package 'mozjs185' found

What can I do to workaround that? Is there anybody where building works out of the box?

Regards,
Paul