Re: Extension: Auto Hide Top Panel

I just went to the page the author put in that link you gave, installed both extensions they worked fine.

Download the tar.gz files you find useful, extract them to ~/.local/share/gnome-shell/extensions and restart the shell.

But do this at your own risk.

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 8:29 PM, Jasper St. Pierre <jstpierre mecheye net> wrote:
On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 2:06 PM, My Name Is <b4touring gmail com> wrote:
> I've been running Fedora 16 for about two months and I have been really
> happy with it, once the extensions for Gnome 3 came out.
>
> I was shocked and dismayed when I was setting up a new (Fedora 16) system
> for a friend and the error I got from the extension page was that the auto
> hide top panel was not compatible with my version of Gnome 3. And if you go
> to the general extensions site, you can't find it anymore.
>
> https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/42/auto-hide-top-panel/version/99/
>
> What. The. Hell?
>
> And not only that, the noa11y was not available either. These are my two
> most favorite extensions. In fact, I dare say that if they were eliminated
> from Gnome 3, I would change to a different Windows manager because I find
> the very pleasing.
>
> So my question is:
>
> What happened to the auto-hide-top-panel and noa11y?

We give extension authors the ability to mark certain extension
versions as inactive or obsolete. auto-hide-top-panel is marked as
inactive [0]. Ask the extension author why.

If by "noa11y" you mean "Remove Accesibility" [1], then it should be
fixed now. It was marked as compatible only with GNOME Shell 3.2.1,
but there was another version in the queue that bumped the
compatibility to 3.2, which I just approved.

[0] http://i.imgur.com/TTvaB.png
[1] https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/112/remove-accesibility/

--
  Jasper