Re: Extension security?

----- Original Message -----

Thanks for the response.  Another (security non-expert) question:

How does Debian repository security compare to the current security of the
Gnome extension website/system?  Specifically-- if a hacker gains entry into
a server that hosts a Debian repository and tries to change the data for
package foo, won't apt-get/synaptic/etc. complain and by default fail to
install the package because either the signature is invalid or the file checksum
doesn't check out?

I apologize for asking a Debian question on the Gnome list, but I'm having trouble
getting a response on #debian (I guess it looks like I'm fishing for security holes or
something).

-Jonathan