Re: Appmenu not hiding menubar

2012/1/17 Mark M <thebluesgnr hotmail com>:

> Hi everyone,
> I'm running GNOME 3.2 with the following updates from 3.3/3.4:
> glib 2.31.10, glib-networking 2.31.6, gobject-introspection 1.31.6gtk+ 3.3.8, gnome-themes-standard 3.3.4gjs, mutter and gnome-shell from git
> Testing the "test-gapplication.js" app I get a working menu on the gnome-shell top bar, but I also get a menubar replicating the same functionality in the application window. Does anyone know why that is, and how I can have no menubar at all in apps that use the new application menu API's?

Gtk checks the XSettings exported by the desktop environment to see if
a global app menu is supported. In GNOME, these are exported by
gnome-settings-daemon, which checks for the existance of
org.gnome.Shell on the bus. Therefore, you need update
gnome-settings-daemon from the current development version.
Btw, I don't personally recommend it, as I've seen crashes in the
small fraction of time between the old settings-daemon dying and the
new one starting, so if it's only a matter of the app menu, just
ignore it in the Gtk menu bar. It will be invisible starting from the
next stable release.

Giovanni