Any recommend paradigm or work-flow suggestions to deal with Gnome 3 dialog behavior.

Old method of working:

In Firefox, I right click on a file and choose Save As. A dialog is displayed with information in the title bar and I can move the dialog so that I can see what is underneath it to help me set the file name. For example, I might append version information or a date to the file name.

Old method of writing code:
The title bar in a dialog frequently contains useful information. Gnome 3 defaults to not showing the title bar for dialogs, so that information is no longer available. Even though I usually set the title bar text when I write code, it is no longer displayed / available.

I assume that this behavior is intentional...

Question: Can I configure the behavior to show me the title bar and to not lock the dialog to the parent window so that moving the dialog also moves the parent window?

Question: When I write a cross-platform application, should I simply create a new text label to display the data that I usually display in the title bar (at least for the dialogs that I create)?

--
Andrew Pitonyak
Info:  http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php