=?utf-8?B?bXV0dGVyOiBnYXJibGVkLHNsb3cgcmVuZGVyaW5nIG9uIGJyb3dzZXIsaW1hZ2Ugdmlld2VycyB3aGlsZSBzY3JvbGxpbmc=?=

Hi,
I want to report a important problem with mutter/gnome-shell as it hinders browsing/viewing experience in gnome-shell sessions.

I have a Nvidia 7300GT Graphics card based system and uses latest nvidia proprietary drivers. After upgrading to Gnome3(gnome-shell), image rendering and browsing has become difficult due to frequent garbled and slow rendering. the problem is faced with image viewing applications, iceweasel browser(especially).
Here is a Screenshot:
http://upl0ad.org/images/iceweasel.png
I have recorded what is happening when I scroll with My usb mouse through web page. Here is the link(Zip format 4MB file):
http://www.mediafire.com/?liie7lj3bo6d4rw
More info:
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=2501366

* What led up to the situation?
Using a Debian Testing+Sid system. upgraded to Gnome3 3.0 and started facing this issue where, while slowly scrolling with mouse, webpages and images looks garbled,freezed. web page returns to normal, if I launch any application or scroll a little up or down. upgraded to Gnome-3.2 from Sid along with related packages still facing the problem.
Note that, in Gnome "Classic"(fallback) Session, either with metacity or compiz window manager, This bug is not found. however, if I try "mutter --replace" on fallback session, bug reoccurs(in fallback session).
I tried "gnome-shell --replace" from a terminal and the output shows error related to "clutter". Please see the debug output here:
http://paste.debian.net/152699/

* What exactly did you do (or not do) that was effective (or
ineffective)?
I rebuilt mutter-3.2.1 from Ubuntu for Debian and tried it. but it did not resolved. faced the same garbling and slow page rendering.
Then, I reinstalled Debian libmutter0 and updated Nvidia drivers(295.20-1) from Debian Experimental Repository. This also did not work.
As a Last resort, I tried nouveau driver. with nouveau driver, Gnome-3.2 shell is working fine.
* What was the outcome of this action?
with nouveau driver, Gnome-shell works fine. all other options failed. the issueis with libmutter0/gnome-shell interacting with nvidia proprietary drivers.

Please ask for any more info needed,
Regards,
Prakash

I am pasting the Debian BTS reports here also so as to explain:

Follow Rediff Deal ho jaye! to get exciting offers in your city everyday.