Re: Gnome 3.4 breaks sloppy mouse focus?

On Wed, 2012-02-29 at 17:38 +0000, Gabriel Rossetti wrote:

> I just read this
> (http://afaikblog.wordpress.com/2012/02/28/looking-forward-to-gnome-3-4/) article on Gnome 3.4. It looks like since it’s forcing the new global menus breaks the sloppy mouse focus, how are you going to fix this (are you? I hope so...)?

Well, it says "Application menus have now arrived, so that GNOME
applications can place a menu in the top bar. "

I don't know that this necessarily implies a Mac like menu system [I
certainly hope not, that would certainly drive me from GNOME;  and I'm a
huge fan of GNOME3].  It just says applications *can* place menu in the
top bar.  I think there are cases where this is appropriate.  It would
certainly be better than the lousy status icon in the constantly
vanishing, hovering, vanishing bottom notification bar that apps like
banshee currently use.  [Note: not a critcism of Banshee, Banshee ROCKS!
]

> What I don’t quite understand, is that one thing a lot of people hate
> about unity is the global menus, I even read an article saying that in
> future versions of Mac OS X it’s possible that it will disappear

I know nothing about Mac OS/X.  And I don't find what they choose to
do/not-do to be particularly relevant or interesting.

--
System & Network Administrator [ LPI & NCLA ]
<http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com>