Interested in development

hey all,

my name is nitin , and i am from Bangalore, India.
i am an open source enthusiast and am doing my
under graduation in computers.

i am good at programming in c, c++, c#, python and _javascript_.
i would like to contribute to gnome-shell. how do i proceed.

i have seen various pages on gnome site and one thing i must do is
to build gnome from source. afterwards ?

a bit about me .... i have been coding for almost 3-4 years now in various
programming languages ( from among i mentioned above. ) i have made various sites
using dot net framework and python ( eg : www.tnpuiet.com ). i have also contributed to
python and have spoken at pycon india 2011  ( http://urtalk.kpoint.in/kapsule/gcc-0b356a25-fdd0-4068-8bc8-ea552f6a6c61  ).
i love to code and contribute to opensource. have also started an open source club at my
university by name of Panjab University Linux user group ( http://groups.google.com/group/pulug  )

i got into gnome while developing an application for gnome.
i am still in middle of making it and have been reading the documentation and samples.

hoping for great pointers

--
Regards,
Nitin Chadha