Re: Implementing settings for extensions

On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 12:11 PM, Jasper St. Pierre
<jstpierre mecheye net> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 11:04 AM, Thiago Bellini Ribeiro
> <hackedbellini gmail com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm sorry if this isn't the right place to ask for this.
>> I'm the author of this extension [1]. Now, there is a configuration
>> button next to the "on/off" toggle of my installed extensions.
>> Do anyone know how to implement that functionality? I would like to
>> create a configuration window for my extension, for choosing the color
>> and some other misc stuff, but I don't want to pollute the user's
>> menu, and that new approach seems exactly what I need.
>
> Hm, the configure button shouldn't appear if the extension isn't configurable.

Probably a problem with Gnome-shell 3.2 (at Debian Testing). It's
showing for every extension on my installation.
At my wife's installation, with Gnome-shell 3.4 (at Ubuntu Precise),
it's showing only on extensions that is configurable.

> Anyway, you implement configurability by adding a prefs.js. See this
> post for more details:
>
>     http://blog.mecheye.net/2012/02/more-extension-api-breaks/

I'll take a look. Thanks! :)