How to add the icon of my own application to top-bar

I noticed that now, ibus has been add to the top-bar of gnome-shell
It is an great work.

Then now I am willing to work with for another poplar input method fcitx,
which may become the default input method in future for many distribution.

I noticed a "statusIconDispatcher.js" file which contains something
about ibus in it: it seems that it call an script of ibus.

But I still am confused by the details.

Can you descript me for the details.

fcitx is not maintained by me :) , I just want to contribute for it.