self-selecting items

Hi,

I updated my ubuntu to 11.10, discovered that they'd done away with gnome, further discovered gnome shell and installed that.

Now I have problems. Hovering over links now selects them. Is this a 'feature'? How do I get rid of it?

Worse... my mouse/cursor have begun acting erratically. The insertion point leaps around 'at will'. Repositioning it with the mouse is difficult.

What has happened here? I was fine with the old gnmome. Gnome 'classic' doesn't get it. A lot of the functionality seems to be missing. And this cursor stuff is making day to day life very stressful.

If it ain't broke... don't fix it. But you seem to have gone ahead and done just that, haven't you?

--
"This message may have been intercepted and read by U.S. government agencies including the FBI, CIA, and NSA and/or the present government of Thailand without notice or warrant or knowledge of sender or recipient."

John Francis Lee
246/3 Thanon Kaew Wai
Mueang Chiangrai 57000
Thailand